There are various reasons because of which your home owner’s insurance may rise up. Some of these can never be changed, like the build and the location of the house. But by neglecting these inevitable factors, your home owner’s insurance can be reduced if you possess the proper knowledge. Often people get attracted to a house’s marble floor finish, beautiful countertops and many more of such features, but you should always give priority to other factors like the structure of the building or the condition of the walls and other such stuff, which determines the rate of homeowners insurance. There are various factors by which you can reduce your rate of homeowners insurance, and this article features seven of such important reasons.
- Location: The location of your house is one of the most important factors which helps to determine the rate of the house owner’s interest. The rate of interest increases if you are living in a riskier area, i.e. if your house is located in an earthquake prone or hurricane prone area.
- Age and build of the house: Older houses are always depicted to be in a bad condition, thus increasing the rate of interest. If you are living in a comparatively old house, then you will have to bear a higher rate of interest. The build of the house also determines the rate of interest. Most of the homeowners consider the build of the house to be the key factor while buying a house. One of the most important things you should always keep in mind is that a house made of wood is considered riskier as it is inflammable, thus increasing its rate of interest.
- Condition of the roof: The condition of the roof is an important factor while purchasing a house, as poorer the roof’s condition, higher is the rate of insurance.
- Home safety: If you are living in a neighbourhood with high crime rates, then the rate of insurance is bound to increase.
- Pools: By having a pool in your backyard, you are technically willing to pay at a high rate of insurance.
- Trampolines: Although to own one is quite amazing, but trampolines are quite dangerous and can require additional insurance.
- Wood stoves: If you own a wood-burning stove in your house, then you have to pay higher rates of interest.
These points mentioned above will help you to reduce the homeowners insurance.